Pls remember the following Laws while preparation:
1. The 80/20 principle: This is one of the best ways to make better
use of your time.
– basically says that 80 percent of the value you will receive will
come from 20 percent of your activities. So, don’t try to read each
and every book. PMBOK is must.
2. Parkinson’s Law: You can do things quicker than you think..
So, don’t take too much time for preparation…3 to 4 months is ok..
3. Targeting the next lamp post : Make rolling wave planning … Take
short term targets in preparation..
4. Way of Life: This is the most important. PMP is not just a
certification. Its’ a way of life. So use the tools, templates and
principles as much as you can in your job. This will help you to
understand the things in depth.